Well it seems to be always cloudy - as John Michael says from filling out his weather graph for school. The cloudy days are definitely winning on his graph. It isn't always raining, but we sure have seen our fair share of the clouds! But as they say "April Showers, Bring May Flowers" - we are definitely looking forward to the brighter days ahead.
In the midst of what seems like some ominous clouds in our personal lives, we have continually felt the Grace of God showered down upon us. There are moments where we look back over the last 4 weeks & think, "how have we gotten through it?" It is only by God's grace. Funny how God knows just what you need, right? Well for the last week or so through my Bible study, church sermons, things I've heard on the radio & quotes from a book I'm reading, GRACE is everywhere. I know God is just reminding me that His grace is sufficient for ALL I need. I know He is the one with the Grace to get us through anything.
Today as I ponder Good Friday - the day grace was made available to us - I find myself asking - "Do I cheapen His grace?" What God did for me through the sacrifice of His son was give me life? I have LIFE - abundantly now & for eternity . . . do I live each day that way??? As a lifelong Christian, it is so easy to get in a groove, to go with the flow, to be in a rut. I don't want to live that way, because living that way cheapens what God has done for me. I find that when I am not intentionally living my Christian life - I somehow find myself doing things the way of the world. (I have to be honest, watching the news & keeping up with the latest "drama" isn't anywhere near my priority list, but I know enough to know that the way of the world is FAR from God.) I need God's grace to do ANYTHING that pleases Him. God's grace is the dynamic quality of His life within me that gives me both the desire and the poser to obey Him. (p. 91 Seeking Him Study Guide) I want to swim upstream - I want to be different - I have to be different because doing things as we see in the culture around us does not reflect God! I need His grace to help me do the right things & to forgive me when I mess up (which is a daily thing!)
Grace is for my sin, but it's also for my suffering. Throughout the last 2 weeks, my Bible Study has reminded me that God's grace is available & sufficient for my need - He will provide a way for me to endure. (p. 93 Seeking Him) It doesn't say that He'll take it all away, but He will help me endure . . . I LOVE that promise!! In the endurance He's stretching my faith - it's like exercise . . . It hurts when your muscles are sore, but you know you are building new muscle & getting rid of the fat & bad stuff in your body. The same is true of suffering. Elisabeth Elliot has said, "Suffering is having what you don't want or wanting what you don't have." - it can range in scope & severity from "traffic jams to taxes to tumors." (p. 93 Seeking Him) As I suffer, God is stretching my faith muscle & growing my faith - YES it hurts, but it is for my good. Eventually the muscle will adapt & become stronger so I can endure whatever comes my way. God is so good in that He doesn't want to leave us where we are, but to take us further in our relationship with Him.
This Easter - will you, with me, examine your attitude toward Jesus & His grace? If you haven't received His grace in salvation - will you? If you have, will you start today or simply renew your efforts of being intentional about your relationship with the Lord - it takes work, it takes study, it takes prayer - the great thing is that He's always available & so excited when we engage with Him. Dig deep & allow God to transform you. If you are suffering, know that His Grace is greater than all you need! He loves you!
Happy Easter! The Lord is Risen Indeed! His Death Bring us Life!!
2 comments:
Happy Easter to all of the Redfords. Good thoughts you have written down again. Like reading them. Miss you all and look forward to having you here next weekend.
Mom
xoxo
So glad to see your smiling faces (both in the blog pics AND in person last weekend). Have a great week. Love to you all!
Lynn, Scott & Alek
Post a Comment