Tuesday, August 25, 2009

BACK TO SCHOOL BASH


We officially started our new school year yesterday. Although for the kids, school never ends. They love to learn. Even the last 2 weeks as I gave them a "break" from summer school, they were asking to do a math sheet or practice letters, etc. They are hilarious!! To mark the beginning of this new year, we did a few things with the kids over the weekend to celebrate & let them know how special we think they are. We went to Pittsburg to play mini-golf & then to eat at Chili's - that was a big hit!! After which we came home, made kettle corn (thanks dad for the yummy recipe - now a family secret, so we won't be sharing! HeeHee) & watched football (JM's personal favorite).

I asked Isabelle if there was a treat she wanted me to make for back to school, (I've done extensive cakes in the past - not real excited about that idea this year, but I was willing!) Her response was "Can we make a bird house fruit salad?" Huh??? She ran to get her Ranger Rick magazine & came back with the picture & recipe. It was a watermelon with pineapple for the perch & banana for the door. She was so pumped so how could I say no. Healthy & EASY!!! The kids had fun making & eating their creations.

We are all very excited about our year & will continue to post updates as "the teacher" has time. Please pray for us to get a contract on some land we continue to feel led to buy. Also please pray for my voice. It has gotten really bad & I have had to go back to 2 "1 hour" quiet times a day as a did a few years ago when I had to have voice therapy. It is very frustrating & at times pretty painful. Thanks to all who read & keep updated on us. It means alot that you care. Leave us a message!

2 comments:

John and Peggy Stone said...

Welcome back to school. I think Isabelle and John Michael have the best teacher in the world. See you in Branson

Nana
xoxo

The Olsons said...

Love the bird house fruit salad Isabelle! You guys are so creative! We may have to make that at our house. So glad to hear that school is going so well for all of you. Kelly, we will continue praying for your voice and for the land. I know this is going to be a great year for all of you with many exciting things to come! We miss you guys and hope to see you soon! Love, The Olsons