Sunday, November 29, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

We have much to be thankful for this year . . . . I asked the kids to write things they were thankful for. Here's just a sample of their thoughts: God's amazing protection, His wonderful provision, health, a job, each other, family, friends, food, love, forgiveness, JOY, the opportunity to speak for orphans, GOD, the Bible, bed, home, nature, deer, church, and much more.

I am thankful for the work on our house . . . One week can sure make a difference . . . we have a ceiling over the basement & a floor for the main level . . . SO EXCITING!!!! This week we are praying for dry, warm weather so they can get the garage floor & back patio concrete poured. They will begin working on the framing of the upstairs too!

I got to go out for my first hunt last week. It was 65 degrees & lovely, but all I saw was 2 squirrels chasing each other . . . no deer. BUMMER!

See me way down there . . . crossing the creek to get to the tree stand.


All the Redfords gathered for Thanksgiving this past weekend. The kids put on a traditional Thanksgiving play for all the parents . . . well, Grandpa was involved - he had the role of the turkey!! It was hilariously cute. The kids had a blast! We had a wonderful time outside - the weather was gorgeous this weekend - plenty of time for football, baseball, romps in the creek, etc. The kids got an early Christmas present from their grandparents - a snuggie, they were all pumped . . . & very cute all wrapped up!



1 comment:

John and Peggy Stone said...

The house is looking great!!! I know you are excited. Looks like you had a great thanksgiving. Miss you guys.
Mom xoxo