Saturday, December 19, 2009

Our Family Christmas


Our first present every year is a special gift! We wrap up Baby Jesus from the manger & put it in a box outside their doors. When they wake up & see a gift - they know it's Christmas. Opening Jesus reminds us all why we are celebrating!
Kevin's face looks a little confused in this 1st picture, because he wasn't sure what his present from me was. When our house was broken into Kevin's fish was stolen - this fish was the first BIG fish Kevin ever caught. He caught it one week before we were engaged & I had the fish stuffed for a wedding present. So - the fish had some extra special meaning for us! Without Kevin knowing, I arranged to have a replica made. In his Christmas gift letter - I put a copy of the picture from when I gave him the fish. He couldnt' figure out what he was getting - WHAT A SURPRISE!!! We can't wait to get it hung in our new house.

Isabelle & John Michael give each other gifts every year - they hand pick what they want to get for each other - it is really sweet! I think they enjoy watching each other open the present they bought more than opening their own gift. John Michael gave Isabelle Bendaroos (the bend & make fun things). Isabelle gave JM a new truck for his CARS set.

Here JM & Isabelle are giving daddy their gifts - Isabelle gave Kevin a date out to Braums - her treat!! JM gave daddy a hike in the woods (worth $100) - he wrote that on the gift card!

Isabelle & JM's big gift was the Pyramid & Sphinx - Egyptian Playmobil! They have been wanting these really bad. Since we have been studying all about Egypt & mummies, etc - they have SO enjoyed playing with their Egyptian playmobil.

No comments: