Monday, October 4, 2010

Happy 9th Birthday Isabelle!

Isabelle had many surprises in store for her today! We asked our friends & family to "stuff the box" for her birthday by sending her a card via snail mail. She LOVES getting mail. She has been so surprised everyday for the last week to find at least one card in the mail for her. Today she hit the jackpot! 12 cards just for her birthday....she was so excited and blessed. The fireplace was already full, but she hadn't even opened the 12 from today!
Here she is reading and arranging all her special notes! Her b-day dinner request is Tomato Basil Shrimp Pasta...for those of you who know I picky she is, this is a highly unusal choice, but she LOVES this dish. We also made cupcakes & she decided she wanted them in a shape of a flower! TOO cute! She arranged and iced them herself.

We are so blessed by our sweet girl...I can't believe that she is 9 years old. I am starting to feel old as I say "I remember when you were just a few days old." We truly marvel at what God has done in her life in these short 9 years and we look forward to all He has in store for her future! We love to see her compassion and generosity pour out of her to others. We love watching her set goals for herself - like the most recent "I am going to read the whole Bible in a year." She has stuck to her guns on this one. She is almost done with Exodus and LOVES it! She makes us laugh and cry and think really deeply. We love to have her "deep" thoughts conversations, where many times we have to say, "we aren't sure, we'll have to get back to you on that one." She does keep us on our toes!

We have some fun surprises in store for her over the next week...her brother dumped out his piggy bank to make sure he could buy her something very special she had picked out of a catalog. (He cannot wait for her to open it tonight, he has been counting down the days for 2 weeks straight!) She gets to celebrate with both her grandparents, which is always a treat!!! We have a very "surprise" b-day party planned for her Sat. She has NO idea and I think will be completely shocked! I cannot wait for this one!!! It will be a GREAT week!

We LOVE you Isabelle! Have a SUPER birthday!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Isabelle! It looks like you're enjoying your birthday! Stick with the Bible reading ... it is such an incredible experience to look through God's word. If you would ever be interested in the Bible Bee competition I participated in, tell me, and I can give you more info on that!

Natalia and Maddie