| John Michael (Johnny) - 9 1/2 yrs old, 4th grade; Isabelle Jane (Izzy) - almost 12, 6th grade |
Whatever their reasons may be, I do feel the Lord directing me to write more. I hope that as this new school year unfolds I have the moments to do just that!
| Could these two be any cuter? JM looks more and more like his daddy everyday! |
This has been a very hard year for me thus far. The Lord has been intensely working on my heart and my faith. - the Refiner's fire is not the place you choose to place yourself, but it is the most beautiful place that the Lord can allow me to be in His divine love and sovereignty over my life. I hope to share some of what He's been teaching me and encourage you wherever you may be in the coming months.
| My girl! Growing into a beautiful woman of God! |
As the kids started back to school, we've been talking as a family about Getting Out of Your Comfort Zone. We each shared what that might look like in our lives...
Isabelle - praying at the lunch table before I eat
John Michael - telling a friend at school how much Jesus loves them
Kelly - saying "no" to things I'd like to do and saying "yes" at a moment's notice to what God asks of me
Kevin - sharing about God's love at my job, learning to let go and follow Him
Our list continued to grow as we realized that any time we deny ourselves, we are getting out of our comfort zone.
During family devotions each morning before school we are talking about Blackaby's Experiencing God series. We are learning that spending time with Jesus has to be the first appointment on our calendars - the first thing we do after waking up, otherwise we can't align our hearts with Him! Then we are applying Blackaby's challenge - "watch to see where God is moving and then join Him!"
Where is God moving in your life - your work, your school, your family, your thoughts, your prayers? Where is He clearly saying "I need you to join me. I have gifted you with certain things that I need to use right now in this situation?"
Maybe you are thinking - "I have no idea what He's doing. I have no idea where He'd want to use me."
Answer a few questions:
- Is God your first appointment of the day? (If not, you'll miss what He has for you!)
- Are you too busy to even know what's going on around you to even be able to stop and ask "what is God doing?" If so, how can you slow your pace? Where do you need to create margin in your life so that it isn't passing you by without purpose? We have a friend who is intentionally taking a block of time one day a week to look at the week just completed and the week ahead asking "God where do I see you moving?" so that he doesn't miss being a part of God's bigger picture for his life.
- Do I know that I am an unconditionally loved, rescued from sin Child of the ONLY, ONE TRUE GOD? (If not, please ask someone to share about Him with you - or call me, I'd love to tell you about Him. If you do - then let that soak deeply in and LIVE LIKE IT!)
- What would stepping out of your comfort zone mean to you?
This is what it looks like for our kiddos....
I pray God speaks loudly to you and that you seek Him with all of your heart, soul, mind, and strength.
2 comments:
Thanks for writing this! I know JM is just standing in front of the last letters on the classroom door's welcome back sign, but it made me laugh to think that is said "Welcome Back to Fourt Grad"
Love to see you writing again Kelly.. ;) Kevin calls it like he sees it! We miss you guys. Thanks for the encouragement and inspiration! -nancy
Post a Comment