Wednesday, February 25, 2009

First Day of Kindergarten - Part 2

The kids had a great day of school yesterday both inside & outside. . . after lunch, we had a field trip. The lady across the street invited the kids & I over to feed their 1 month old calf. It was very interesting - the calf hits its'mother to get more milk, so you have to hold the bottle very tightly or you'll get hit with it. The kids thought it was really fun to do, & we were all amazed at how fast the milk was consumed. She had chickens for us to see as well . . . Isabelle was pretty excited about that. She has one called a "turkin" - it is a chicken, but it resembles a turkey - very interesting! The kids actually thought it was a small turkey. It's hard to see here, but it is right in the middle of this picture. We spent lots of time riding bikes, playing soccer, & creating a chalk village - complete with every store you could need, housing, a jail, & a church. It was very fun. The kids rode their bikes & scooters all around our city! It was so warm - I even have a sun burn on my arms! They slept great last night - it was a very FULL day! I slept great too - in bed at 8:22pm - SO tired!

This is one of our blocks - a toy store, pet store, grocery store, & library

This is the middle of our town - school, playground, pool, & neighborhood.

2 comments:

The Kemp Family said...

wow you guys...you sure know how to have a good time. olivia is sitting here "talking" to you on the phone. it is nonstop.."kel kel, bubba, belle, unka, nana, papa...then it starts all over. it is hilarious.

Unknown said...

Who is the mayor of your town. I'm sure JM is the police officer!
Isabelle if I were you I would not speed as JM will give you a ticket!

Nana