Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Big Thank You & Prayers

A big thank you to my sister Holly for coming to help us yesterday - she woke up early & headed 2 hrs with her baby girl to help Kevin with his new computer/register equipment. We really appreciate it! Her daughter Olivia is being stubborn about eating right now - doesn't really like baby food anymore, but won't eat table food either. So, for lunch I made her a "mini" plate that looked just like John Michael's & Isabelle. We all sat down to eat - her plate contained Mac 'n Cheese, tiny turkey dogs, paper thin apple slices & a dab of ketchup. As we prayed & began to eat, she looked around in wonder - "am I eating this? Is this all I get? Are you sure it's good?" were what her eyes seemd to say. I told the kids to not make a big deal of anything & to just keep eating. So we ate. She bit a little apple, spit it out. Licked a hot dog, then watched the kids have 2nds on the mac 'n cheese. At that point she decided, the macaroni might be good - she took a bite & smiled - she ate it all! We were so proud of her. She did it all on her own! She did try to then dip the macaroni in ketchup - the kids told her that was gross. So they showed her how to dip her hot dog - she licked the ketchup which sent chills down her back! It was cute. So, I hope she will eat some for her mama! Thanks again Holly, we do appreciate your help - as you know the computer has been a big source of stress & exhaustion for us.

Prayers needed:

VOICE: I am in need of prayers today. For the last 2 weeks, I have noticed my voice hurting, but tried to ignore it. (I started voice therapy about 18 months ago & finished May '08 for vocal chord nodules) Today, I can hardly talk - well I can speak, no laryngitis or anything, but it is so sore & very heavy. I think with all the stress, talking too much, & tears - I have lost all my good vocal hygiene that I learned last year during my speech therapy. So, I would love prayers for healing & for help in resting my voice & doing my exercises again. I don't want to develop the nodules again. I need to take care of my voice!

HOUSE: We are waiting on a call from someone interested in viewing our house this weekend. The timing is great for us b/c we'll be there celebrating J.M.'s 5th b-day. We are praying that they are very interested. We need to sell our home quickly!!!!! Please pray for them & for interest to pick up.

I'll update more as things develop . . . & I have news to share! :)

1 comment:

John and Peggy Stone said...

Cute picture you took of Miss O. Glad you made some progress with her eating. She loves the Mac and Cheese. I know it is raining your your world right now, but remember the sun will shine again. Rain or shine God is with you and so are we. We care about you and love you, and will help you jump over all the puddles.
Mom and Dad xoxo