Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A Much Needed Vacation . . .

This past weekend, we took the kids to Silver Dollar City for a much needed break for everyone. 2 weeks ago our home was robbed & vandalized. It has been a physically, mentally, & emotionally exhausting 2 weeks. We had planned this trip as part of John Michael's 5 birthday celebration - but thought we were going to cancel due to all the events leading up to it. We decided that the best thing for all of us would be to get away, laugh, sleep, play, & just be together. Our life in many ways has been turned upside down & the best thing for us was to just be together & reconnect as a family! We had a great time. Daddy & John Michael on the "High-Low Silo"


These 2 kids were bad!

A little sunshine, green leaves, & blooming flowers are always good for the soul! (Especially after our first day at the park - drizzle, cloudy & COLD - not many rides open, but some good shows!)
Isabelle & Daddy on the "Electro-Spin" - she was thrilled to be tall enough to ride this ride - she loved it so much, she rode it 3 or 4 times, I can't remember. She was even willing to wait in line to ride again & again.
Kevin & Isabelle on the right!
Kevin & Isabelle at the very top - she her pigtails flying in the wind! I rode this last year between Kevin & my sis-in-law Shannon, I was screaming my head off, with my eyes closed the whole time - they were on each side laughing!
A roller coaster more my speed in the kiddie section. Isabelle & Kevin with their arms up!
John Michael rode with Isabelle once, but it made him dizzy - same with the tea cups. He might have my dizzy issues.
Dinner at Famous Dave's at Branson Landing

The 2 munchkins cuddled up for bed!

1 comment:

John and Peggy Stone said...

Papa and I would love to go sometime with you. Not sure I can ride all those rides but who knows I might try! Sure looks like a lot of fun
Nana
xoxo