I was in need of some good friend time, so I went to Arkansas to visit my college roommate. She has moved & has had a baby since I'd last seen her - so it was fun to see her home & her 2 kids (the recent baby is actually 1 now - it HAD been a long time!) There really is nothing like good time with a good friend - who knows you really well! Thanks Nicole for blessing us in so many ways & for letting us come visit on short notice! We had a ball. My kids are still asking when they get to see Cash & Exie Claire again. :)
MOTHER'S DAY CELEBRATION
For mother's day, Isabelle requested that daddy pick out a beautiful flower at the nursery that I would love. He brought home this potted "fox glove" It was really pretty & Isabelle was very pleased with her surprise for me. She also wrote a very sweet note to accompany her gift. Kevin & his dad grilled us steaks & made a lovely dinner. John Michael was in charge of the salads - he was hilarious washing & tearing the lettuce. He enjoys being such a great helper!
Three generations . . .
MEMORIAL DAY CELEBRATION
For the weekend, Kevin & his 2 brothers took their dad to Arkansas for a guys weekend. It was a gift they'd given him for his 60th b-day. The boys had a great time, so great we have no photos to share because the camera was washed in the river on their canoe trip! :) The went golfing, bowling, hiking, & canoeing. . . FUN FUN FUN!! One of my sister-in-laws met in us Parsons for some fun of our own. Before Sarah & her son Jaden got here, Judy & I took the kids to a little known berry patch to pick strawberries. It was fun! We picked about 30lbs of strawberries. WOW is right!
We spent Saturday at Katy Days - the local celebration for Memorial Day weekend. It was so much fun. The kids got ot ride the train, get their faces painted, go to the petting zoo, & participate in the Pied Piper of Percussion Show - this last thing was great. As you can see from the photos above, it was a very interactive show - the kids learned about tambourines, maracas, & drums - they got to use each of the instruments as well. After each instrutment, a grand prize winner was chosen - Isabelle was chosen for the best maraca player & received a special princess maraca as her prize. She was pumped!!
WHEW . . .what a marathon of activities & the summer fun is just beginning. Check back for more updates. We'll be travelling to Haiti shortly & will have LOTS to share upon our return!
1 comment:
Love the looks of those strawberries!!! Looks like you are having so much fun. I wish I could have tasted that salad JM made for dinner. Isabelle you look so cute with those chicks. I will be waiting on you to ring my door bell on Thursday!!!!
Nana xoxo
Post a Comment