Sunday, May 3, 2009

TURKEY #2

Since I write all the posts, I have the luxury of being able to brag about my husband. He has been working so hard & has been so pressed on every side over the last 4 months. Besides purchasing a new business, trying to learn it during its' busiest season of the year, he is also trying to keep our family together through very hard times. You can read March posts for info on the break-in, etc. I am so proud of his character through it all! He has been so faithful to God, to us, & to his work. I'm brimming over with joy & pride.
Well, yesterday it was our umpteenth day of rain, so the store closed early & he got to go to the place where his soul is revived - NATURE. The man can go on a hike in the woods or go for an afternoon hunt, & come back a different person. It is the place where he really connects to God. He needed the break & the chance for refreshment! He was excited to go for a turkey hunt & was only gone a short time, when the phone rang. After my quick "hello", he said "I got one! I'm comin' home." He was giddy, as were the kids. They couldn't wait for his return. It isn't quite as big as his first - but it was one none the less. He found a HUGE deer antler shed & little miss Izzy is one excited girl. She has asked for a bow for her birthday (not until October mind you) & is SO excited to go hunt with her daddy! She too is an outdoor girl & loves to be in God's creation. They are cut from the same mold!

2 comments:

John and Peggy Stone said...

Love it!!

Mrs. T said...

That is too cute. That picture of the kiddos w/ their daddy is PRICELESS.