Friday, July 30, 2010

The Family of God - Kelly's Family

For 4th of July, we went to Kansas City and spent the weekend with my family. We were so excited to see fireworks, but it poured down rain so hard they cancelled the shows. The kids enjoyed the water guns papa bought them - water gun "wars" were on in the backyard, with very soaked kids & adults!
One of the highlights was a tip to Deanna Rose Farmstead. I have so many pictures of my kids on this bridge - they look to big for it now!
Touring an Indian Teepee

We have 3 individuals who like to be in charge...I wonder which way we will go first?

Uncle Kevin showing the girls how to milk a cow!

Olivia likes to lead this horse!
The old schoolhouse is a fun treat to stop in! So many neat photos & real desks & slates to use.
We had a wonderful b-day celebration for Olivia!
She turned 3!

Somehow I managed to not get any pics of any of the adults....kids are cuter anyway! :)

After returning home, we 2 medical issues. The first was with JM. He had been having sudden, very painful headaches. He had a slight concussion back in early May - but the docs weren't concerned. However, the headaches coupled with a fever sent them into panic mode. So on Wed July 7, we ended up in the ER. He had to have dye put in his arm for a full head CT Scan. Everyone was a little concerned. Thankfully nothing was found....no blood clots, tumor, etc. We were very relieved. And no headaches since then - bizarre! The doctors said he must just have a virus. I think he did.

The day he woke up feeling better, Isabelle started feeling bad. She had head dizziness and high fevers around 103 for about 48 hrs, then she was fine. The day she woke up better was Sunday. Kevin had taken JM to church & he came home & went straight to bed with chlls. His lasted for about 48 hrs as well & then he felt great. By the 4 day, he woke up and could barely move. His neck & head hurt so bad, he laid still in bed with ice packs. I finally said, "I'm driving you to the doctor." He was diagnosed with Strep throat & Poison Ivy. He also had received a tick bite on the Sat. before he got sick, so the doc was very concerned about limes disease. SO, the big tough man had to get 2 big old shots in his behind. He was feeling great by bed time that night. The wonderful world of antibiotics! Thankfully the lime test did come back negative.

I am DONE with the Doctor/ER scene. I think we have met our deductible for sure! :)

Now it's time for our next stop....

No comments: