Sunday, December 30, 2007

Christmas with the Redfords

This year Kevin's parents joined us at our house the day after Christmas to celebrate. This is the first time I've ever done a holiday at my own home, so it was fun for me to think of creative ways to make it special. Isabelle loves to use our "Chinese" plates for all special occasions, so I knew I would break out the China dishes. That alone makes it pretty, but I found this great idea in my favorite magazine, Family Fun, for candy cane place card holders, so Isabelle & I had fun making those.

The kids added to their playmobil collection which I think between all the grandparents & us was a fantastic idea. They have spent hours creatively playing & enjoying each other with the awesome sets. What a great treat for us all, they are having fun together, and Kevin & I are having quiet time!
Isabelle was thrilled to see her new pink bible cover. We have had a hard time finding a small one for her Bible she uses for BSF. But, good 'ol Parsons, KS had one!! YIPEE!

JM was thrilled with this John Deere truck & trailer w/ skid steer. He says it's just like daddy's.


One of their favorites were these dress up costumes. JM has one Lightning McQueen costume, but needed more "boy" costumes. Kevin didn't like seeing him dress up in princess dresses. They thought these were pretty neat.

Then came the snow. We were glad we had gotten Christmas done with & a little shopping b/c Kevin had to go back to work. The blessings of these snows have been great, but it has been physically exhausting & it was a bit of a bummer since his parents were here to visit. We got about 3 inches this time & the kids quickly got dressed & headed out for fun with their Grandpa. He had the idea to build a fort, so to work they went. They had fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh you did change your blog. Way to go. How about showing us your sewing talents the next time. Model you new PJ's and have Isabelle model her's. Great pictures. Sorry we missed the snow.
Nana