Wednesday, December 19, 2007

John Michael's Christmas Party



Today was JM's last day of school before Christmas break. . . he had his class Christmas party with a surprise visit from Santa. It was very exciting. Santa asked what he wanted and he said a race car - Santa asked "like Nascar" to which he replied "yes". They talked a bit about getting a REAL Nascar race car & then Santa asked if he wanted anything else - JM replied in a very serious manner, "actually I'll take 2 big race cars." Nana, Papa, Grandma, Grandpa - anyone have ties to Nascar????? Just kidding . . . I think he's getting something from us that will satisify this desire, at least I hope. I don't know if I want him racing cars some day. Look for pictures on the blog of Christmas goodies to see what it is!!


Here JM waits anxiously to sit on Santa's lap. He had such awe & yet was very reserved, which is amazing for him.


In these 2 pics, they plated a game called "feed the snowman". First they had to carry a cotton ball to the snowman's mouth on a spoon without dropping it & then they had to balance it on their heads. JM got a big kick out of this fun game!! Great for your house on a cold day!


His craft project was a magnetic foam tree with star decorations on it.


This also marked his official last day of preschool at this school. He and I are going to hang out next semester and use the homeschool materials I had for Isabelle for preschool. He is pretty excited to spend time with me & get to do big boy homework like Isabelle. We are both looking forward to our extra time together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nasscar? I think there is something under the tree like that already. Everyone will just have to wait to see. Lots of surprises for all.I think John Michael is a good name for a nasscar driver. Redstone Landscaping could be his sponsor. Uncle Bob could be the head mechanic and his grandma and Nana could be his biggest fans.
Nana