Monday, January 14, 2008

Happy New Year

Is it already Jan 14th? The first month of 2008 is almost halfway over. Wow, time does fly. I remember hearing my grandmother saying that and having no idea what she meant. Now I get it. We have had a much more restful start to 2008, than the way 2007 ended. Kevin had 4 snowstorms in December & was sleeping between each one. And we celebrated our Lord's birth in between the last 2 storms. It was a full month.

2008:
  • Kevin spent 4 days in southern Arkansas with a good friend duck hunting. They had a great time, but it was freezing & he came home with poison ivy or oak, we aren't sure which. I'll post pictures in days to come.
  • The kids & I enjoyed quiet, at home days gearing up for the start of school. As a kindergartner, Isabelle couldn't wait to go back to school & JM and I started homeschooling preschool this semester. There were some issues that caused Kevin & I to decide to bring him home for the next semester & he is thriving. He LOVES every minute of our time together - we have a letter of the week and he is constantly trying to find every word he can think of that starts with that letter. It is pretty cute.
  • And me - I got caught up on sewing & scrapbooking over the break. I didn't get all the books read that I wanted to finish though. I was diagnosed back in November with vocal chord nodules - I have speech therapy 2 times a week & have to have 2 "1 hour" silent periods a day not including my sleep - this is very difficult to come by with a hubby & 2 little people in the home. They all understand and are trying to help me.

    There's the update on us. . . we pray you are having a blessed start to 2008. Check out Isabelle's latest words on "Arts for Orphans", the link is in the upper right corner.

No comments: