
From our last blog you probably realized that we've been shut in the house for nearly 1 week. Our sweet, loveable "big boy", as he likes to be called, is about to go CRAZY! He needs outdoor air. He needs wrestling with his dad. He needs dirt, a rock to throw, or a snow ball to make. This morning when he woke up, he told me that he looked outside and saw that the snow was melting (it was below zero this morning!). He so desperately wanted to go outside that this afternoon I gave in. I told him that he could go outside knowing that it wouldn't last too long. I told him to run laps around the house and I'd time him. To say that he was pumped would be an understatement. He quickly got on his warm clothes, winter hat & gloves and out he went. 2 1/2 laps down and he was sidetracked by the snow. He started trying to make snow balls & throwing them, but "ice" coating the snow makes that a bit difficult. So then he moved on to this . . .

a desperate attempt at a snow angel. . . .he did this at least 10 times, it was so cute!

With snow angels not working so well, he moved on to the swings - I felt very sorry for him. Boredom showed in the way he just spun in circles, hanging limply.

At this point he was throwing himself in the snow to see if he could make a dent. He'd quickly get up to see if there was any mark from his body.
Shortly after this photo he came inside - I think he was out for maybe 20-30 minutes. Enough to know that below it was too cold to play outside, but enough to burn some steam off & get some fresh air.
1 comment:
Maybe everyone in your house needs to go outside and air out. The bugs are bad down there. Call me when the coast is clear to come home.
Nana
Post a Comment