Isabelle had her first babysitting experience last Saturday. She & I got to babysit Olivia all morning - and we had fun. She said that it is much more fun babysitting a baby than someone her age. When it was time for her nap we swaddled her & put her in the crib - Isabelle said she was glad for a break. But then, Olivia started crying so Isabelle wanted to check on her. I heard Isabelle talking and laughing, so I went to check on them - Isabelle said "mom, I don't think she wants to go to sleep she is just smiling at me & laughing too. Let's play with her some more." We played for 10 more minutes & swaddled again & Isabelle suggested we rock her and sing to her. Isabelle did all the singing as I still have laryngitis (6 weeks and counting) - she sang mostly traditional hymns, but added a few of her own made up renditions! It was adorable -
and little Miss O went right to sleep!!
Thanks for letting us babysit Uncle Brad & Aunt Holly - we had LOTS of fun!!
Thanks for letting us babysit Uncle Brad & Aunt Holly - we had LOTS of fun!!
1 comment:
Isabelle, one of these days you will make a lot of money taking care of kids. You will be very good with babies. Olivia loves to see you. You make her smile all the time. See you at the Rodeo!!
Post a Comment