"What is most precious to me?" is a question that has been bouncing around in my head for the last 2 weeks. If I look at how I spend my time and energy, I'm not sure I could answer the question as I'd like to.
Mary, the mother of Jesus has taught me what is precious. She has caused me to pause & ask "What kind of mother/wife am I" and "what kind of mother/wife do I want to be". Mary was pure and righteous before the Lord. She chose to listen to God & trust what He was doing in her through the virgin birth - though it may not have made sense and could have gotten her killed. She had a yes in her spirit and had a sharp focus on the Lord. She was a women of great faith & obedience. She trusted God with Joseph who could have left her upon hearing about her pregnancy. She gave God all her praise & she gave God her time so she could hear from Him & move in obedience to what He asked her to do.
I want to be that kind of woman - that kind of mom/wife. I desire to be found pure & righteous before the Lord. I desire to have a yes in my spirit and a sharp focus on the Lord. I desire to trust God with my husband & my children & the circumstances they face - knowing He is sovereign & loves them more than I do. I desire to give God all my praise & give Him my time so I can be obedient to what He asks of me.
2 Questions have DRAMATICALLY changed me this week. . .
"Are you willing to do your work today, realizing that just as Jesus showed all carpenters how the Son of God pleased God as a carpenter, so you as a homemaker live today to show the people around you how the Son of God within you lives the homemaker's life to the glory of God?"
"Will you choose to depend upon the Holy Spirit, who lives within you, to help you live a new life of love toward God & service for him in love to others? Will you deliberately change attitudes that need to be adjusted in order to reflect the attitude of Christ?"
Both sets of questions have caused me to consider what is MOST PRECIOUS. I know what is most precious - but my struggle is that many times my heart attitude doesn't reflect what I know in my head. Not anymore, He has unlocked something deep and I am changed.
"I am willing to do my work as a homemaker for the glory of God and the eternal good of my family. And I will choose to depend on the Holy Spirit because I cannot do it on my own - I've been trying that!!! He is in CONTROL . . .not me!"
Thank you Lord that you don't leave us on our own, but you are with us & you will help us. As fall approaches, I am reminded of the change in seasons. Thank you that you are a God of change. You desire to change us on the inside to reflect your son - I am so grateful that you don't leave me where I am, but that you'll take me to new places as I avail myself to you. I love you Lord!
1 comment:
kelly,
what fun to read your online journal! i appreciate your thoughts and your desire for obedience...i see this attribute in you! the kids are so beautiful! can't believe your little girl is 6!
nikki
Post a Comment