Saturday, October 27, 2007

My 2 Best Friends



My husband has always been my best friend, but now he has to share me with a pair of crutches! After school yesterday, I took a great tumble with John Michael in my arms - it was a "Slow Motion" type experience. I knew I was going down, he was in my arms, I feared the worst for him, etc. I probably stumbled 6-7 steps trying to regain my composure, before we both hit the ground! I was thanking God that JM wasn't hurt but some scraps and bruises, but me on the other hand . . . My right foot was throbbing. . .I had to drive home with cruise control on (we live about 15 min. from Isabelle's school) crying the whole way b/c the pain was intense. Kevin met me there and insisted we go to the ER - though the bruising/swelling had not really shown itself yet, the pain was terrible. After 3 hours in the ER - we had great time to talk & met a really neat Christian nurse who was such a blessing to us, we found out nothing was broken. "YIPEE!!!", I cried. To which she grimaced, and said, "It really would have been better if it were broken. What you have is going to require 2 days of rest - leg above heart type, ace bandage compression, ice, and 2 weeks of crutches. These type of injuries usually take 6-12 months to completely heal." "Are you sure?" I quickly retorted. I'm having a hard time seeing how a break is worse, but I can tell you after having just whacked my foot on something, the pain is INTENSE!! They say you should be able to laugh at yourself so I am, I was totally embarrased at school & I wanted to share the beginning of my bruising with you - the swelling isn't bad today, I've been good about my leg up, ice, compression routine!!

No comments: